War of 1812 Links
World War One Links
- The Wardrobe
- The Rifles Museum which links all of the regiments that originate from the counties of Berkshire and Wiltshire, from the 49th Hertfordshire to the modern Rifles.
- 1812 Crown Forces Web page
- This is a list of the commanders and units under the crown forces and unit contact information.
- 2006 Grand Tactical
- The 2006 Grand Tactical continues the series of hard-fought engagements between British and U.S. soldiers, and native warriors along the Niagara Frontier in 1813 and 1814.
- Siege of Fort Erie
- Every August on the 2nd weekend, the War of 1812 is re-lived where the most bloody Siege of Fort Erie took place on August 15, 1814.
- The Discriminating General
- We are happy to provide access to a number of sites that will be of interest to you. Learn about the War of 1812, the Seven Years War, and the Napoleonic Wars. All the sites include free articles, links, reenactment information, book suggestions, and much more.
- Old Fort Erie
- Old Fort Erie is located in the town of Fort Erie which is approximately 30 kilometres south of Niagara Falls. It is a nice 20 minute relaxing drive from Niagara Falls and is located within site of the Peace Bridge.
- Fort George
- Fort George is the focus of the interpretation programme for visitors to the Niagara Complex. Each summer, staff in period uniform conduct activities typical of the garrison prior to the war.
- Fort Meigs
- The Site - Built in 1813 to defend the Ohio Country against British invasion, Fort Meigs constitutes the largest wooden walled fortification in North America. The ten acre fort is enclosed by a stockade wall and contains seven blockhouses, five cannon batteries, and numerous interior eight foot high earthworks.
- Old Fort Niagara, Youngstown, NY
- The fort played an important role in the struggles of France, Great Britain, and the United States to control the Great Lakes region of North America, and also helped shape the destinies of the Iroquois (Six Nations) peoples and the nation of Canada.
- The King's Company Historical Group
- The King's Company is a family oriented unit, comprised of people dedicated to historical accuracy, proper training, safety, and heritage support. However, we also subscribe to the notion that enjoyment is the ultimate purpose of pursuing a hobby.
- Barry Turnbull-Burchmore with some interesting information on Equipment, Links and Manuals (in particular - Drum Manuals) of the Napoleonic Era.
- The Official War of 1812 Bicentennial Website
- Learn more about the War of 1812. Be immersed in history by visiting Historic Sites & Museums featuring exciting and authentic displays.
- US Brig Niagara & Erie Maritime Museum
- The ship conducts one day sailing excursions out of Erie and voyages to other ports in the Great Lakes, as a US Coast Guard inspected Sailing School Vessel and is available for public viewing at the Erie Maritime Museum when not out sailing.
- WW1 Canadian Expeditionary Force discussion group on Yahoo.
- This group is dedicated to the study of the Canadian Expeditionary Force in the great war. This force of amateurs transformed into the premier combat formation of the British empire in four bloody years of war, 1914-1919.
- Lubka's Wargaming Site
- Who's Not Wargaming? Is It YOU!
- The Great War Flying Museum
- Go visit the Great War Flying Museum, Canada's premiere Great War flying aircraft museum.
- Great War Association
- Currently, in the GWA there are 33 units that participate regularily. The GWA has approx 350 members that portray various units from Australia, Great Britain, Germany, the United States, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, France, Russia, and Canada.
- Collections Canada
- Visit this website if you wish to find information, such as your ancestors war records.
- The PPCLI War Diary
- A very interesting site which provides the War Diary of the PPCLI during the Great War.
- The Royal 22nd Regiment - Le 22e Battaillon Canadien - francais
- Another famous Canadian Regiment - recreated WW1 unit located in Quebec.
World War Two Links
Other Related Sites
- 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion, C Company
- C Coy, 1st Can Para Battalion Preservation Association is a living history group based in Ontario, Canada. This Association was formed in late 1998 to honour the memory of the Men of the Original Battalion and preserve a piece of valuable Canadian history.
- 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion, A Company
- A Coy, 1st Can Para is a group of living history reenactors based in Atlantic Canada. We are a reenactors who have come together to honour the men of the original 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion during World War II.
- I Company, 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment
- I Company, 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment (re-created) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to preserving the history of the 504th PIR and the 82nd Airborne Division during their service in World War II (1942-45).
- City of Niagara Falls Museums
- To inform and educate residents and visitors about the City of Niagara Falls history through the preservation and presentation or our community's past.
- Spencer's Mercantile
- Purveyors of finest quality goods for lovers of heritage, historical, and reproduction items.
- Panther Primitives
- Our dedication to quality and customer service has made Panther the world's largest manufacturer of historical tentage.
- Jas. Townsend and Son, Inc.
- 18th Century Reproductions Clothing, Cooking items, Accessories, Camping Items, Tents, Books, Patterns and More. Thousands of items available to order online!
- The G. Gedney Godwin Website
- Offers a complete line of items useful to the military man; such as muskets, bayonets, leather goods, uniforms, cocked hats, diverse sorts of brazen sundries, &c., all done in the neatest manner.
- The Canadian Encyclopedia
- A comprehensive and authoritative online information source on Canadian history, culture, and heritage. The encyclopedia features numerous articles on Canadian military history and related topics.
Want your site on the list?
Simply fill out and submit the form below. We will review your site and, if found appropriate, will post it during our next update.